Peter Miller, LCSW, DCSW 609-921-6070

Therapy Fees and Insurance


We do not participate in any managed care panels. However, if you have an out of network benefit through your health insurance such as a PPO or POS plan, we can bill your insurance directly. They will pay us directly for services provided. We will bill you for the remaining percentage that your insurance doesn’t cover. If you would like to use your insurance, there are a few things you need to know from your insurance company:

  1. What is the yearly deductable for mental health services?
  2. What percentage of their “usual and customary fee” will they pay for?
  3. Is there any limit to the number of psychotherapy sessions (procedure code 90834) per year?

An example of how this works would be that if your insurance pays 70% of the fee, then we would bill them and they would pay that 70% directly to us. We would charge you the remaining 30%.

Insurance plans may vary as to their coverage, so it is important that you speak to your insurance company to find out what is covered. If you have any questions, please give us a call at 609-921-6070.